Investing in an EHR software for your medical practice is critical for developing a unified system of operations. However, conducting research into each provider might cost you a lot of money and time. That’s why we’ve prepared this guide for you on one of the top healthcare IT providers, athenahealth EMR.
In this post, we’ll go over everything you need to know about athenahealth EMR software, including its perks and whether it’s a good fit for your clinic.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect from this article:
- athenahealth’s pricing structure
- athenahealth benefits
- Signs your practice needs athenahealth
- Is athenahealth EHR a good fit for your clinic?
Without further ado, let’s begin.
athenahealth’s Pricing Structure
Typically, the overall cost of an EHR software is determined by the size and volume of your business. With the additional costs of data migration and employee training, implementing EHR software can become extremely expensive. However, with their years of knowledge, athenahealth medical software can assist you in simplifying your deployment.
Here’s what you need to know about athenahealth EMR cost structure:
- Before the implementation procedure, a detailed 30-minute demo is offered at no cost. This allows you to understand what you’re getting before you buy it.
- The base package for athenahealth EMR starts at $140 per month per provider. However, if more services are added, such as medical billing, practice administration, care coordination, and so on, the price may rise.
- athenahealth charges 4-7 percent of total collected income for their medical billing service, based on the complexity and volume of operations.
- Order transmission services from athenahealth cost $150 per month plus $0.45-$1 per order, depending on the package you choose.
- Data migration is simpler with athenahealth than with other platforms. The cost of data migration is typically in the $500-$10,000 range. If your practice has more than a million patient records, migration costs could reach $25,000 or more.
- You can also combine several custom systems. However, it can cost anywhere from $2,500 to $25,000.
- Training may cost $500-$5000 depending on the number of sessions.
One of the most significant advantages of athenahealth is that there are no hidden fees. As a result, you won’t have to worry about athenahealth’s lowball of hidden charges.
Let’s take a quick scenario, suppose you have four doctors working in your practice. If you choose athenahealth EMR, you’ll have to pay $560 per month ($140 x 4 = $560) and $6,720 annually. Now comes the expense of training and data migration. The start-up cost could rise by $1,000 for up to 1,000 patient records and a couple of training sessions. In your first year, the total will be $7,720.
athenahealth has established itself as one of the top healthcare IT providers in the industry over the years. Here are some of the advantages that athenahealth medical software can provide for your practice.
- A minimum first claim acceptance rate of 94% (25% higher than the industry average)
- At least 74% of patient encounters are closed on the same day.
- More than 65% of Medicare industry visits occur each year.
- Access to a network of more than 160,000 physicians through a single platform
Signs Your Practice Needs athenahealth
It is becoming increasingly difficult for medical practices to function without an effective electronic health records system for their practitioners, patients, and medical staff. A digital healthcare infrastructure is needed in modern-day healthcare to collaborate with other providers and insurers, improve patient care, and qualify your practice for significant financial benefits.
athenahealth is one of the most popular EHR software on the market, EHR software is consistently ranked at the top of the EHR list. It has aided in the achievement of exceptional results for a variety of medical practices, both large and small.
You can also read several case studies to learn more about the effectiveness of athenahealth.
Is athenahealth EHR the Right fit for Your Practice?
Choosing the best EMR/EHR vendor usually entails paying close attention to how well the software suits your practice’s workflow as well as how well it adheres to federal reimbursement criteria and security regulations.
Based on top athenahealth EHR reviews, we’ve compiled a list of reasons athenahealth would be the perfect fit for your practice.
1. Scale of Practice
athenahealth EMR is versatile and adaptable, making it ideal for multi-physician offices. Athenahealth not only meets the complex needs of large practices, but it also meets the complex demands of small and medium practices.
athenahealth provides fully integrated cloud-based solutions to help you run your practice more efficiently. This can save you up to $500-1000 a year on private hosting servers, as well as server maintenance.
3. Analytics and Reports
Many athenahealth users have expressed their appreciation for the software’s reporting capabilities in their clinics. You may generate reports for financials, front-office workflows, medical billing, patient schedules, communication, and more with athenahealth. If you’re looking for an EHR that offers strong data insights as well as on-demand reporting, athenahealth is the right choice.
4. MACRA Compliant
When treating Medicare and Medicaid patients, you are required to use MACRA-compliant EHR software. The athenahealth system is designed to be fully compatible with MACRA criteria, making it an excellent choice for those looking for a low-cost solution.
5. Patient-Oriented Culture
With athenahealth EHR software, you can improve patient communication and notify them of any changes in your health care. Automated appointment reminders, lab result notifications, call-in support, and a patient portal are some of the most notable features of athenahealth that increase patient engagement.
athenahealth – Simplify Your Practice
Integrating your practice’s operations with the right EHR software is critical nowadays. Unfortunately, unless you thoroughly study each vendor, you may find up wasting a significant amount of money and time.
In this guide, we’ve covered all you need to know about athenahealth EMR and its variety of medical software prices, perks, and whether it’ll be a good fit for your clinic or not.