Emailing service is the best way to communicate with your colleagues and friends, but it is used to communicate with your colleagues most often. As it is a bit more formal as a service and allows you to add attachments, with messages, also, it has subjects and you can forward it as well.
These are some of the benefits that an email service like Gmail provides. That is why Gmail is at the top of the market when it comes to different email services, including Yahoo, At&t and many more. Similar to this website or service is Microsoft’s Outlook, this is a service that allows users to get together in a group and work effectively.
Another great feature that it provides is that Outlook allows you to join Gmail and communicate across different platforms. You can set up Outlook with Gmail and this will allow you to communicate easily and help you to go across platforms. Outlook, however, is quite recent, whereas Gmail has been around for quite some time even for decades.
Whereas most users have been successfully using the service, some users have faced troubles when Outlook won’t connect to Gmail. This is a problem that is faced by users and they do not know what to do as now both Outlook and Gmail have become important platforms to their professional lives. You cannot solve a problem if you do not know what caused it, so when your Outlook stops working with Gmail you should know what caused it and how can one solve this issue.
What are the Reasons for Outlook not Being Connected to Gmail?
As we briefly mentioned that there are multiple reasons why your Gmail is not working with Outlook, there is not just one reason. There are multiple reasons why your Outlook might not be working and in this section, we will uncover those reasons in depth.
- It is crucial for users while using Outlook with Gmail to enable the IMAP or POP3 settings. If you haven’t enabled that, then it is certain that you will not be able to connect your Outlook with Gmail.
- Another great reason could be that your computer is not connected to the Internet and hence you are facing issues connecting Outlook with Gmail.
- When users disable SMTP settings with other settings in your Outlook server, this is a reason which people might overlook but is an important one.
- Gmail and Outlook both are highly secure apps and sometimes in your computer security might be extremely strict, so this might be causing problems in connecting Outlook to Gmail.
- Sometimes, Outlook cannot connect to Gmail and keeps asking for a password. This might be because you have logged off the accounts.
Now that we have uncovered all the reasons why Outlook might not be connected to Gmail, we must move forward to know how to solve these problems and other ways to connect Outlook with Gmail.
How to Connect Outlook with Your Gmail Account?
This section is the most important of them all, knowing what to do when Outlook cannot connect to Gmail is the most important. Now, we expect that you know why you cannot connect your Outlook with Gmail, it will be easier to connect your Outlook with Gmail. So, without wasting much time, we will get into how people can use different methods and steps to connect Outlook with their Gmail account and communicate through different platforms.
- First and foremost, you should enable your IMAP in the settings. You can do this by going into com and then into settings, it can be quite easy for users to enable this setting called IMAP in your app.
- Check whether SMTP settings along with other settings are given or allowed in your system. This permission can be given from Outlook. and you can easily enable SMTP settings on the app. You need to put in the correct information in the incoming SMTP settings and the outgoing settings.
- Make sure that when you try to connect Outlook with Gmail, then only you should go ahead with other parts of the process. If you are not connected to the internet then not only will you not be able to connect your Outlook with Gmail, you will not be able to connect it with anything. Make sure that you find an amazing Wifi network which will let you work with both Outlook and Gmail.
- As the security of Gmail is so tight, you must allow all the applications to work with Gmail, especially the ones that have to work with IMAP and are supposed to work with it. You can do this by going into Settings and clicking the tools option. This will let you go to the option from where you can turn on the setting to soften the Gmail settings.